Thursday, March 8, 2012

Fireflies in the Garden



This movie is an intense drama. At times I wanted to jump into the screen and save Michael (Ryan Reynolds) from his father.  I wanted to scream at his mom (Julia Roberts) for not saving her child when the father puts him out of the car in the rain. I couldn't understand why a mother would allow her husband to treat their child like that. And all of this happened in the first 5 minutes. Needless to say this was an intense movie for me. The family dynamics are so interesting that you feel like the nosey neighborhood who finds herself looking out the window trying to figure out what is going on in that house.  This is an interesting story about learning how to heal from scars from your childhood.

I would recommend you watch this with your girls or with your hubby cause you are going to want to discuss this film in the end. It is a thinker a movie or at least it was for me. Go to Redbox to rent it or put it in your Netflix queue. I promise you will enjoy the movie.


No comments:

Post a Comment